April 21, 2013
- Sermon: Created, Chosen, Called – The Day That Changed the World
- Big Idea: We are CALLED out to be in the PRESENCE of God.
- Ending question: What are you doing with the present of the presence of God?
Today’s sermon was really good. One of the things that made it so great for me was the 8-10 elementary kids who sat in front of us. They have decided that they all want to sit together for church. Their parents have given their permission as long as they sing all of the songs and take notes on the sermon.
GREAT parenting! And really great kids.
I took away many things from today’s sermon, but the pastor huz shared a series of concepts that I want to share with readers. These are the items that I know will stick in my mind for a very long time.
I am called out ….
- from death to life
- from Egypt (enslaved to sin) to the Promised Land
- from slavery to freedom
- from disobedience to obedience
- from sinfulness to forgiveness
- from guilt to God’s mercy
- from darkness to light
Because I am called out, God makes me into a beautiful thing.
And then we sang Beautiful Things by Gungor!
April 22-26, 2013 – Our Week Together (provided by my pastor huz to our congregation in preparation for the sermon on April 28, 2013)
READ, MEMORIZE, CONTEMPLATE
Monday-Friday: Memorize 1 Peter 2:9-12
- Monday: Read Lev 1-7. Reflect on the high cost of forgiveness in the Old Testament. How was this paid in the New Testament?
- Tuesday: Read Lev 8-10. Consider the holiness of God. How are we able to come into His presence (Hebrews 4:14-16)?
- Wednesday: Read Lev 11-16. Thank God today for the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.
- Thursday: Read Lev 17-27. What do you set aside for the LORD?
- Friday: Read Psalm 1, 19 & 119. Write a psalm or a letter thanking God for the positive role the Law plays in your life.
These directions and questions will direct my reading and provide beginning thoughts for my posts on the blog this week.