May 19, 2013
- Sermon series: 5 Angles
- Sermon title: Gospel Pride!
- Big Idea: Take HUMBLE PRIDE in the GOOD NEWS of salvation!
May 20 – 24, 2013 – Our Week Together
Readings and information provided by my pastor huz to our congregation in preparation for the sermon on May 26, 2013.
READ, MEMORIZE, CONTEMPLATE:
- Mon-Fri: Memorize Mark 12:28-31.
- How can you practice this command this week?
- Each day write a “journal entry” for one of the events as though you were there that day. How would it have affected you? How does it affect you today?
As we prepare to begin our series on the Gospels and Acts, read these Psalms that are often seen as related to Christ. Each day consider how they relate to the person and ministry of Jesus.
- Mon: Mark 1-3
- Tues: Mark 4-5
- Wed: Mark 6-9
- Thu: Mark 10-13
- Fri: Mark 14-16
PRAISE AND PRAY:
- Praise God that He has provided salvation and righteousness through the live, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that we would live a humble pride in the Good News of salvation that would draw others to Jesus and His saving power.
These directions and questions will direct my reading and provide beginning thoughts for my posts on the blog this week.